Sunday 10 April 2011

Hello!

First oF all, Congratulate to me! i've finished my Viva, therefore i will declare myself as a job hunter..YEHOO..

                                    

I realized that Career and Postrgaduate Expo organized by Pen Event at Pisa last Saturday and Sunday will be a great opportunity to me as I could send my resume as many as I could , closely observe and communicate with HR personnels from various companies (local and MNC)..However, I had a bad experience in the expo too. I found that there still has 'discrimination' in the employee selection. What i mean by 'discrimination'???..Below are some evidences that I found:

                                            

Me: May I know what are positions available in your company?
HR personnel:It is not about the positions available, but it is about what you can give to us..
Me:???? (what the hell she talking about)
HR personnel: So, what u can give to us?
Me: Actually, i am fresh grad, i have MBA in international business and my degree in biology. Therefore, could u please give me the list of positions available that i could consider based on my capability, skills as i dont have any working experience in this industry.
HR personnel: (she reluctant handed the list to me, but nevermind i have saw it before from one 'chi ya nun alif '  girl who managed to get it.). If I give u sale, do u want?
Me: (Ohmigod! I hate sale very much)..Do u have other position except sale? (tricky question).
HR personel: No. (she lied, i saw there are dozens of positions available) we got one training programme as you are fresh grad..Do you have 3.5 in your degree?
Me: (are you kiddding, you also dont got it in your degree)..Nope..
HR personnel: so, no position available to u..
Me: Its ok,thanks for the information...(luckily i am a muslim, if not i will yell at you)

What makes me upset and dissapointed until now is not just about the conversation, but about how she treats 'chi ya nun alif ' and me.

-first, she talked their language with their people pretending that nobody (except 'chi ya nun alif ' ) would understand their language. But, she didnt realized many people could understand many languages instead of their mother tongue these days. Luckily i took 'chi ya nun alif '  language last two sems, so i managed to understand a bit. Me also talked in English with one malay personnel in one MNC counter!
-She took more than one 15 minutes talking with their people. so other peoples have to queue  as she won't entertain people who interrupt her conversation eventhough we are asking for the pamplet.
-She arranged one 'chi ya nun alif ' girl  who has background in Mass Comm for the interview not for the training programme but for one position. Worst, she only g0t 2.8 in her CGPA. But me, she asking for 3.5 (idiot!!)
-She managed to explained clearly to the 'chi ya nun alif ' before me which position is available in bukit mertajam, butterworth etc. plus, i could hear and understand clearly that she also mentioned 'it's ok ( referring to the girl pointer), unless u got 2.5 and above'. Again!!uh!uh!

Unfortunately, the company is one of local company.. Made in Malaysia ok!...It seems useless for them joining such event as they could advertise that in 'chi ya nun alif ' news paper. They have missed alot of great talents, flooded in the expo and hunger for the job which able to give them more profit . They should acknowledge that diversity workforce has proved by many researches able to bring  prosperity to the company and makes the company sustainable and competitive as well...
p/s: sorry,this entry is quite long..so, let's share and let's be happy!



nurul shamisza

No comments:

Post a Comment